Friday 6 June 2008

Kirsten Dunst Denies Drug Addiction

'Spider-Man' star Kirsten Dunst has fought back against reports that she went to rehab to battle an addiciton to drugs, revealing she sought treatment because she was suffering from depression.

The 26-year-old made headlines earlier this year when reports of her entering Cirque Lodge treatment facility in Utah circulated around the tabloids and gossip blogs.

Opening up to U.S. television show 'Extra', Dunst explained, "I didn't go to Cirque Lodge for alcohol abuse or drug abuse. I went there for depression."

“It was a good six months before I decided to go away. I was struggling, and I had the opportunity to go somewhere and take care of myself. I was fortunate to have the resources to do it. My friends and family thought it was a good idea, too.  But I didn't know where to go. My doctor recommended Cirque Lodge.”

She adds, “There’s been a lot of misrepresentation about what is going on in my life, and it’s been very painful for my friends and family. Everyone feels like they have to defend me. They hear the rumors, and it puts them in a defensive position. Now that I’m feeling stronger, I was prepared to say something.”

NEXT: Tori Spelling Returning To 90210 

Photo courtesy of Columbia Pictures.